[K12OSN] New server suggestions

Alan Hodson aahodson at episd.org
Tue Sep 15 15:37:17 UTC 2009

Greetings from El Paso, TX
One of the schools I support is receiving a Dell Power Edge T105 server (2.9GHz Athlon Dual Core 5600B Processor, 2GB DDR2, 250GB SATA Storage, Intel Dual 1GB NIC) and I would like to hear what the experts suggest should be the OS I should install on it. It will serve 10 Symbio-Technologies SYM 1112 diskless thin clients. My inclination is to use a reliable K12ltsp 5.0 install, but I am tempted to use 6.o. Any words of wisdom you may have?

Alan A Hodson MEd.
Instructional Applications Analyst
El Paso Independent School District
oF: 915-887-6871
fX: 915-772-4016
Nxt:915-892-0389
aahodson at episd.org
http://links.episd.org/
Open Source Proponent
http://tinyurl.com/3e4sh8

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away
-=o=-