[K12OSN] CentOS5 + Flash + Sound

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:48:17 UTC 2009

I am trying to follow Warren's instructions for getting the 64bit Adobe
Flash working starting here: http://wtogami.livejournal.com/28504.html and
then continued here: http://macromedia.mplug.org  The issue though is that I
lost sound in the process.  I am not sure what repo I need (or where to
find) the alsa-plugins-pulseaudio or libcurl packages.  I currently have
Firefox 3.0.14 installed.  I need this version because of issues with the
2.0 series crashing on various sites (mostly email related, including the
State web-based email that teachers use).  I tried to use the 32-bit Flash
10 but nsplugginwrapper didn't seem to work correctly. Most likely me not
understanding how to get nsplugginwrapper to recognize the plugin but it
complained about the ELF version.

I am using LTSP 4.2 (moving to LTSP 5 isn't an option at the moment since
many of our thin clients just don't work well with LTSP 5)

I have the following repo's enabled.
repo id              repo name
addons               CentOS-5 - Addons
adobe-linux-i386     Adobe Systems Incorporated
atrpms               Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64 - AT
base                 CentOS-5 - Base
epel                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5
k12ltsp              K12LTSP
macromedia           Macromedia Flash
rpmforge             Red Hat Enterprise 5 - RPMforge.net
updates              CentOS-5 - Updates

Thanks!
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School