[K12OSN] need help running sshd on client for fl_teachertool

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Sun Sep 27 20:28:25 UTC 2009

> I am trying to run sshd on the client so I can send the command to run
> x11vnc (for monitor and control) on the client. Unlike ltsp 4 I have
> to run x11vnc with auth (magic cookie) of a running X session. Which
> means I can only start x11vnc once someone has logged in (not at boot
> up). I was able to install openssh-server via yum but sshd fails to
> start with service sshd start. Wondering if anyone has experience with
> this?

No, not with sshd - but this is another take on x11vnc on k12linux with ltsp5:
(translated from norwegian to english witg google)
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=no&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gnuskole.no%2Findex.php%2FLtsp-x11vnc&sl=no&tl=en&history_state0=

It's a hack - but it works.

Odin