Re: [K12OSN] Screen Pop - Howto?

Currently the cameras just write an image to a directory on the ltsp server when a customer is detected (IR beam broken). I could do something else with the image... whatever makes things easiest.

Dunc

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
there are several ways to "pop" a picture on the user's screen.
You can have an user app waiting for picture showing up in a preset place
- that can be run from .bash_profile. You can have a single app waiting
and displaying the pic on all terminals - for that you need a list of
current DISPLAY variables (I use the single app approach). It is
surprisingly easy. How does the picture appear on the system? How would an
app know about it?
julius