Re: [K12OSN] Adobe Flash

j.w. thomas wrote:
I'm running K12LTSP-EL5-64 (The 64-bit Centos-based version) in a one-room multi-grade school. The teacher wants to send some of the kids to a flash-based website while she instructs others, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to get Flash working.

I went to adobe and followed their instructions (which is where the wiki directs me anyhow). I did a "yum update flash-plugin" and everything was peaches.

Since you don't mention it at this point, here's what worked on my system
using Seamonkey:

cd /usr/lib64/seamonkey-1.1.17/plugins
ln -s  /usr/local/lib64/libflashplayer.so

Firefox doesn't have a plugins directory, but you might try making the
link in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins.

The next step is to verify that the plug-in is installed by pointing Firefox to about:plugins. But there is no joy there. FF reports no plugins at all.

Almost everything I find about flash for K12LTSP has to do with getting sound to work, and almost nothing about getting flash itself to work. Maybe that will be useful next week...

I also tried the 64-bit version of flash, but got exactly the same result for my efforts: nothing.

I update FF to the latest in the Centos repo (some minor rev to version 3), and was met with the same result.

Help!

Brian Fristensky
971 Somerville Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3T 1B4 CANADA