Re: [K12OSN] Adobe Flash

Brian Fristensky wrote:
j.w. thomas wrote:
I'm running K12LTSP-EL5-64 (The 64-bit Centos-based version) in a one-room multi-grade school. The teacher wants to send some of the kids to a flash-based website while she instructs others, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to get Flash working.

I went to adobe and followed their instructions (which is where the wiki directs me anyhow). I did a "yum update flash-plugin" and everything was peaches.

Since you don't mention it at this point, here's what worked on my system
using Seamonkey:

cd /usr/lib64/seamonkey-1.1.17/plugins
ln -s  /usr/local/lib64/libflashplayer.so

Firefox doesn't have a plugins directory, but you might try making the
link in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins.

I don't have Seamonkey installed, but I'm willing to give that a go. I did create /usr/lib64/mozilla and copy libflashplayer.so to it. There's also a copy at /usr/lib/mozilla IIRC. I'll double-check this evening.

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse
  - Calvin's Dad