Re: [K12OSN] Adobe Flash

Barry Cisna wrote:
Jim,

Do the following on your 64 bit install;
Drill down to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
COPY the contents of the ../plugins folder,,,
paste ALL of these into your /usr/lib/%Firefox%/plugins dir.
Now open Firefox and in the address bar type in  about:plugins
You should see the Flash Player plugin listed as a plugin.
Let us know your findings.

I managed to get it working this evening by following the instructions at http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f8.html#flash (following the 64-bit instructions).

I think the missing ingredient was "mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v" because as soon as I did that, about:plugins showed all kinds of goodies (but not shockwave). To get THAT, I had to remove flash and install it again. Bingo.

Thanks everyone for your help on this.

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.