[K12OSN] access point not working

Does anyone know how to get a wireless access point to work through k12linux? I am using a linksys access point that is connected to a switch which is connected to the k12linux server. Thin clients attached to the network all get ip addresses and connect tot he internet. However laptop get an ip address with all the correct dns information, but still fail to connect to the internet.
Doing a trae route shows that the laptops are not getting any futher than the default gateway of the k12linux server(172.31.100.254). This means that I have a dns issue, but where is issue. Is there a setting or config file somewhere in k12linux that is specific for the wireless access point that will allow it to get outside to the internet?

Thanks
Jimmy