Re: [K12OSN] setting quotas per user to solve our slow login process

dhhoward comcast net wrote:
Login via K12Linux thin clients is fast and zippy initially with a hundred or so accounts on the server, but becomes painfully slow after a few hundred user accounts are set up, and when we added all students (1050 of them), login takes over 5 minutes. It clearly has something to do with the number of user accounts and I'm guessing potentially the limited hard disk space (about 100 GB) per server. Any help appreciated, we're stuck at this point! Thanks, Daniel

Do you have group quotas set? I'd expect these to require tracking the already-used space which might become a slow operation.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com