Re: [K12OSN] GDM login problem with automounted NFS home directories

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Sean Harbour <SHarbour nwresd k12 or us> wrote:
> I've tried the following suggested work around with no success. It seems as if the included GDM version 2.16 does not support these options on CentOS 5.3?
>
> --------------------------
>
> /etc/gdm/custom.conf
>
> [security]
> RelaxPermissions=2
> CheckDirOwner=false

Hi Sean,

Did you restart (or at least gdm-restart) after the changes to
custom.conf? A "telinit 3; telinit 5" ought to do it too. Also, what
does this return:

gdmflexiserver --command="GET_CONFIG security/RelaxPermissions"

FWIW, I've got RelaxPermissions=1 doing the right thing on a K12LTSP5 server.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services