[K12OSN] ssh commands

Alan Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Fri Sep 25 11:51:14 UTC 2009

Greetings list

After a successful install and update of Centos 5 on a new server, I am
trying to remember how to use the ssh command to remotely be able to
tweak a user's account. [ssh -l username 10.###.###.### -X] works nicely
after user root set up the initial contact. I am able to type [firefox]
to remotely setup their browser, [oowrite] to set up OpenOffice, etc.
I've tried studying the [Properties] of an icon, to discover what
command they represent.
I would be thankful if someone tells me what command to use to actually
activate the true desktop image that the user sees, allowing me to,
among other things, interchange the position of bars. SSH is a nice and
powerful control tool.
cheers
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX