[K12OSN] cable connection - direct to server

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Apr 4 11:49:18 UTC 2010

Hi Almquist,

Thanks for some ideas.  I will call the cable co again to make sure the
device beyond the CPE/modem does have to have an 'registered' state. I
just assumed the modem/mac that was registered to the account was all
that was needed. This does kinda make sense what you are saying,in that
the ip address that the k12ltsp server bombs out on,is always a class
C/internal network? I have even tried disabling nating/iptables at
boot,but no difference.
Very strange this even happens on a single nic fc10 Netbook as well.
Only common denominator is these all gigE nics,but then again the
netbook grabs an ip on winders?
Just thought of something, I doubt this is the case as I have two
different Linksys wr54g routers and they both grab an ip ,no probs.
I do have ipv6 disabled as well. At least it is unchecked in the network
gui.
I did search the docsis forums as well and never really see anyone
having this same snafoo. It seems so simple,that there oughta be a
simple resolve:)
This is a small mom & pop (small town) cable co  so i am sure their
resources are not real abundant.

Barry