[K12OSN] Acer / nVidia ION video?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:04:11 UTC 2010

Hello Sergio,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Sergio Chaves <sergio.chaves at gmail.com> wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> Have you tried to compile it?
> According to the Nvidia site, the driver found here -
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_195.36.15.html
> should work. You need to have the kernel headers installed or the install
> will fail.
> The "thing" is that you need to recompile it every time a new kernel is
> installed.
>
> Sergio

Thank you for the link.  I have not tried that driver out.  I took a
look at it briefly and it looks a bit daunting but I will see if I can
follow the instructions.  Is it possible to mess this up and end up
ruining the existing server?  This is a production server and I don't
have another one I can test anything on.  Have you, or anyone on the
list, done this already and can provide feedback?

Thank you
Joseph