[K12OSN] Auto shutdown certain clients

Steven Santos Steven at SimplyCircus.com
Thu Apr 15 21:33:37 UTC 2010

Could you script a screen saver to create a file when it turns on, and
delete it when it the screen saver turns off?  If you can do this, then all
you have to do is have your cron job scan that file, and then compare that
time stamp with the current time.  If the file doesn't exist, the computer
is in use, and the cron script should exit.  If the difference is less than
X, the computer may still be used and then exit your cron script.  If the
difference is equal to or more than X, its been on too long, shut down the
terminal.

---
Steven Santos
Director, Simply Circus, Inc.