[K12OSN] Acer / nVidia ION video?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 02:33:52 UTC 2010

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. I posted this question to the
LTSP-specific mailing list but since I didn't hear anything back,
thought to also post here.

We just received a donation of a brand new Acer Aspire R1600  (specs
here: http://www.acersupport.com/acerpanam/desktop/2009/acer/aspire/AspireR1600/AR1600sp2.shtml
) for our K12Linux lap (Fedora 10 based)

I was only able to get it to boot and X to run if I specificed that
the client uses the VESA graphics driver.  The graphics card inside it
is NVIDIA ON LE graphics solution. Does anyone have any experience
with this machine or chipset? I'm hoping that we might get more of
these machines donated to us, but it would be a shame if they didn't
work.

Thank you very much!
Joseph