Re: [K12OSN] Acer / nVidia ION video?

Hello,

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Almquist Burke <burke thealmquists net> wrote:
>> I was only able to get it to boot and X to run if I specificed that
>> the client uses the VESA graphics driver.  The graphics card inside it
>> is NVIDIA ON LE graphics solution. Does anyone have any experience
>> with this machine or chipset? I'm hoping that we might get more of
>> these machines donated to us, but it would be a shame if they didn't
>> work.
>
> What driver does it try to use if you don't specify VESA? What about on
> another distro's live CD?

It seems to go through all the possible default ones and just flashes
like when there is a resolution issue  -- never gets off the console
screen into a graphical mode.

I did try all the different built-in drivers that I could find but
only the VESA one, when specified, seems to cause X to load at all.

Thanks,
Joseph