Re: [K12OSN] Acer / nVidia ION video?

Joseph,

Have you tried to compile it?
According to the Nvidia site, the driver found here - http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_195.36.15.html
should work. You need to have the kernel headers installed or the install will fail.
The "thing" is that you need to recompile it every time a new kernel is installed.

Sergio

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Joseph Bishay <joseph bishay gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Almquist Burke <burke thealmquists net> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2010, at 8:44 PM, Joseph Bishay wrote:
>> It seems to go through all the possible default ones and just flashes
>> like when there is a resolution issue  -- never gets off the console
>> screen into a graphical mode.
>
> Does it do that only on K12Linux, or does this happen with every linux live
> CD too?

Sorry I didn't answer that part before.

The machine doesn't have a CD drive (it's a tiny machine that snaps
onto the back of LCDs) so I have not tried any other distribution.

It comes preinstalled with only FreeDos so no Windows either.

Joseph