Re: [K12OSN] LTSP for 486

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Bryan Buchanan <bryanb webbtide com> wrote:
> I've loaded FC13 (i386 version) and LTSP. The LTSP packages have a
> kernel compiled for i686.
>
> Unfortunately, my thin clients (Microclient Jr DX and MX) are only 486
> compatible, so won't boot with this new version.
>
> Am I able to get a 486 version or build this (easily !) ?

Hi Bryan,

This page probably summarizes the issue:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F12X86Support

Your best bet may be getting a prebuilt client chroot from from an
earlier version of Fedora, as described in step four here:
https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/RHEL5Server

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services