Re: [K12OSN] Correct way to prevent screen from going to sleep

On 12/02/2010 04:04 PM, j.w. thomas wrote:
> I have an idea that you will not really want to try, but since it is
> somewhat amusing, I will share it.
>
> I needed to do this very thing once, so I took an old computer fan,
> taped a circular piece of cardboard to the blades to make it into a
> crude turntable.  Then I laid it on its side on the table, put the mouse
> on the platter, and plugged it in.
>
> It worked!  But it's not a good solution!

A quieter alternative might be Homer Simpson's idea with the drinking bird:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_bird

but I'm hoping for a solution that doesn't require fans, cardboard, a
drinking bird, mouse or keyboard!  Picky, I know.

Jeff