[K12OSN] Users can't login

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Thu Dec 2 23:17:29 UTC 2010

Brian,

You are very close to having the TC's to logging in it seems. It has to
be something wonky in ssh or pam rules.

Note: Usually if the ssh part on ltsp/k12ltsp is hosed the TC should get
a message "You are not authorized to connect to the server" which you
are not seeing,which is strange?
Check these out.

1.Drill down to .
/opt/ltsp/i386/root/.ssh
Make sure you are seeing two files id_rsa  and id_rsa.pub  .
Make sure the dates on each are matching each other.
Next as root do the following in a terminal:
chmod og-rwx /opt/ltsp/i386/root/.ssh/
chmod og-rwx /opt/ltsp/i386/root/.ssh/id_rsa
chmod og-rwx /opt/ltsp/i386/root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub

2. Look in /home/johndoe/.ssh/
See if johndoe has the same two files,(id_rsa and id_rsa.pub)  as you
seen in the ltsp/.ssh tree  (dates)
If this looks hunky dory.

3. System,>Administrator,>Authentication
On all three tabs here there should be nothing checked other than
OPTIONS tab have Use Shadow Passwords and Use MD5 Passwords checked.
Click OK..

4.RE: I had posted similar messages some time ago, and was advised to
run
ltsp-update-sshkeys before I run sudo ltsp-update-image, which is now
part of my standard procedure. So it seems likely that the image is getting
the correct ssh keys.
NOTE: Make sure you did run the second command here after running the ltsp-update-sshkeys!

See if you make any headways.

Take Care,
Barry