Re: [K12OSN] Colour Inkjet Printer Recommendations?

I had to install the latest HPLIP software to support my Dad's OfficeJet 6500-series. It's very important to first un-install the stock RPM that comes with CentOS 5. It's not hard to install the new one, and I've got to give HP credit here. They're doing a bang-up job of supporting their devices with Free Software.

--TP

Barry Cisna wrote:
Joseph,

Below is a link to the hplip project. It is working today? I didn't look
deep enough if this gives the hardware compatibility listing by numbers?
I know there is a page for this somewhere. I have found that if you hand
install the latest tarball almost any hp printer to date will be
supported,though. The Centos 5 rpm's for hplip may not contain the
driver for your latest,greatest color printer,though.
Have a look see what you can come up with.
Let us know what you end up purchasing.

https://launchpad.net/hplip

Take Care,
Barry