[K12OSN] Which server would you prefer?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 16:40:06 UTC 2010

Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
> If I were you, I'd just build my own quad-core box and stuff 8GB DRAM
> and a couple of terabyte drives in it.  Virtually all modern
> motherboards now come with built-in Gig-E, so that's covered, too.  And
> this can be done for way less than US $1000.

I actually have to agree with that if it is at all possible.  I've always liked
to reuse old stuff but even I have to admit that current equipment is so much
faster and cheaper that is rarely worth the power to keep something a few years
old running - and that's especially true for 32-bit servers.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com