[K12OSN] big FOSS coding push for education

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 01:26:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 1/12/10, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> Anyone here know how to get in touch with Paul Nelson or Steve Hargadon?
> Brian Behlendorf just pinged me saying that he and a couple other people are
> organizing a coding push for FOSS for education.

I had completely misunderstood Brian when he and I talked on the phone.
 This is what he was referring to.

http://blog.ostp.gov/2010/01/15/demonstrate-a-technologist%E2%80%99s-spirit-of-generosity-on-martin-luther-king-day/

Essentially, the US CTO Asheesh Chopra is trying to get people to volunteer
for tech work in their communities.  He is kicking off his push on MLK day.

Unfortunately, the earthquake in Haiti totally scrambled his schedule, and
so Chopra just got this notice posted today.