[K12OSN] Article of Interest on Slashdot

Paul Satherley pauls at tclcommunications.co.nz
Mon Jan 25 18:41:53 UTC 2010

On 26/01/10 02:59, j.w. thomas wrote:
> Here's an article that I suspect this group will find somewhat
> interesting.
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/story/10/01/25/0230231/NZ-School-Goes-Open-Source-Amid-Microsoft-Mandate?art_pos=5

As another example, Because the Internet speed of one of my sites that I
look after The Ministry of Edu Told a school it was the Linux servers
that were responsible so the ONE server doing Mail, File, Web Apps,
Firewall etc Was blown away in came  A Exchange, SQl, Proxy, AD and of
course a hardware firewall to make it all "safe"..all for $40,000 Plus
600 licensees and Guess what the Internet speed is slower, The real
reason is the Mind Control China style filtering.
Oh of course Global Warming is a mandatory subject
Cheers