[K12OSN] K12LTSP status

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 20:09:47 UTC 2010

Allo,

I used K12LTSP for years and it was rock solid.  I ended up moving to
K12Linux because of the additional features that were available by
using a more "cutting-edge" distribution, specifically graphics,
boot-up speed, desktops, etc.  I guess my question is, would all that
be available still with CentOS 6 (I use it on at least 5 other servers
so I know it's pretty awesome, but that's with respect to servers, not
workstations for kids in a school).

I've got a problem now where we have an nvidia Ion machine that won't
work with anything but the most up-to-date distribution (and even that
is still not automatic but requires quite a few steps to get it to
work) -- how would that be affected by moving to CentOS?

Other things like Firefox versions, OO.org, etc?

Just thinking aloud :)

Joseph