Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP status

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Barry  Cisna <brcisna eazylivin net> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Anyone know what the status of the K12LTSP project is? Just wondered why
> the K12LTSP wiki and all is down and parked?
> It seems the K12Linux project has hit the curb as well?
> I'm out in the sticks,so I'm always* out of the loop,,,:).

This is not official. Just my observations.
Dan seems to be keeping K12ltsp 5EL in maintenance mode.
K12Linux, along with other ltsp distro lists seem to be very quiet. I
remember when there was lots of traffic on this list (4 years ago). No
longer. I still read this list even though I have moved on to DRBL
(similar to ltsp but everything runs on the client). Powerful PC's are
just so cheap now.

Red Hat now also sells a product kind of similar to ltsp (but not really).
http://www.redhat.com/virtualization/rhev/desktop/
So my guess is they are putting resources towards it.

--
Robert Arkiletian