Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP status

I'm taking particular note because we've just bought some atom based
all-in-ones that won't boot under ltsp 4 (K12ltsp 5 el) and I've been
pondering how to at least migrate to ltsp 5 without being brutally
hackish. It's a professional work environment where stability and uptime
are the prime considerations so messing about with F13 like I do at home
isn't my first instinct. I'm used to the fedora schema so moving to
edubuntu involves some learning curve issues I don't want to deal with
at the moment either. And seeing the issues that cropped up with 10.04
which I run on a couple of boxes reminds me that ubuntu is more
fedora-ish than centos-ish, ie they'll include the latest and greatest
at the risk of breaking something.

sidenote - how surprised was I when our centos ltsp server updated to
Firefox 3.6. I moved from F12 to F13 when F12 wouldn't support 3.6. I
thought Centos would never get around to it - I was hoping they'd simply
go from 3.0 to 3.5.

Robert's note led me to exploring. It does seem that with hardware
getting so cheap that the landscape will be changing.

these articles looked like a good place to start playing:
http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/getting-started-spice-fedora-12
http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/experimental-spice-repository-now-available-fedora-users

Now wondering if I can get the atom-based clients up by Monday...

regards,
William