Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP status

Rob Owens wrote:
I tried DRBL briefly.  One piece of advice I can give you:  the server
must be the same architecture as the clients.  So if you have i386
clients, the server must run an i386 distro.  At least this was the case
when I tried it about a year ago.

One of the recent changes to drbl at least in it's clonezilla-server role is adding the ability to PXE-boot an image of the clonezilla-live iso. The advantage is that you can then use the more up to date ubuntu based image for better hardware support on the client even if the server runs something else.

I don't know if it is possible to generalize that to boot any live iso image you want, but that seems like it might be a good approach for "thick" clients, especially if you can get a client set up to do ldap authentication and nfs-mount the home directory.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com