Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP status

Les Mikesell wrote:
On 7/12/2010 10:26 AM, Gavin Spurgeon wrote:

Does anyone know what the likelihood is of CentOS 6 and LTSP 5 being packaged?

I have already said that I am willing to take over the packaging of the
.rpms for Fedora/RHEL but I am in the process of trying to take over the
packages on the Fedora Packages System but this is a slow process and we
are still trying to contact the current owner and sort things out. Once
this gets done the 1st thing on the TODO list is to package teh latest
version of LTSP for F13 and of course get things ready for upcoming
versions of RHEL.

Hope this helps...

I think the nature of the usage is such that if it doesn't have a solid release by early/mid August, most of the potential US users will have to stick with K12LTSP EL5 another year - at least if ltsp4 works on their clients.

This would be extremely unfortunate. One thing that I haven't been able to run on Centos5 is Google's Chrome. As more and more sites ditch flash in favor of javascript+HTML5, this is becoming really important. Firefox is good, but Chrome is much faster.

Chrome running an LTSP5  local app would be even better.

Luis