[K12OSN] K12LTSP status

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:16:35 UTC 2010

Late responding but I think you are referring to Pessulus.  Sabayon is
under active development, at least on the Ubuntu/Debian list.

As for K12LTSP5 EL, I am currently migrating my LTSP servers to Ubuntu
(Karmic Koala, upgrade to Lucid Lynx after a few more of the issues
get sorted out).  I am keeping the rest of my backend servers at RHEL
5 though.  This is specifically to pick up the ability to run LTSP
5.2.  The big difference between the distros is how to manage them.
LDAP integration is not as simple as RHEL/CentOS but does work, just
have to install the right package.  If you choose this route and get
stuck, send me an email and I can post the instructions I got on how
to do it along with the link to the correct package.

I tried DRBL and it isn't that difficult to set up.  However, for my
thin client hardware, LTSP 5.2 looks to be a better fit.  I have local
apps running for Tuxmath, Pixie and a few other packages, with
everything else running on the servers.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School