Re: [K12OSN] Where is the bottleneck?

Hi

I have been supporting public schools w LTSP and LDAP for 6 years (about to start the 7th year). For the first three years, we ran LTSP.  At the beginning of the 4th year, we went to LDAP for exactly the reasons you cite here, namely lagging across the network.  I am only a level one sys admin (I'm actually a lawyer in my day job), but I'm pretty sure the real sys admins chose LDAP because it was more efficient to push some of the load onto the clients rather than have the dervers bear so much of the brunt.