[K12OSN] Upgrading from LTSP Fedora?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 16:40:18 UTC 2010

Hello.

I hope everyone is doing well.

So it seems there is no integrated version of K12Linux (Fedora + LTSP)
beyond Fedora 10 (as per www.https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/) and
it seems there's no plan to release it for the current version Fedora
13 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So I was thinking -- our server is currently running Fedora 10 but I'd
like to update it to fedora 13 for the increased performance, updates
etc.  Can I just upgrade version 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> as per
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq ?  Or am I asking for a
world of hurt? :)

I know you can set up a clean installation of Fedora 13 and then
install all the components of LTSP on top but I am concerned about
missing something/making a mistake and I'm also a biologist not a
computer expert so I'd prefer the integrated version as done by
experts :)

Thoughts?

Joseph