Re: [K12OSN] Would you purchase this server for $150?

    Hello,

we are operating a LAN with a similar server (DL 380 G3 2x2800) and we have 10 clients running OpenOffice, e-mail, desktop publishing, one PHP developer and one CAD system. Performance is excellent, provided that Firefox runs locally on clients. CPU workload never goes beyond 15~20%. We saw much difference from the previous Personal Computer we used as a server, although it ran on an Intel CoreDuo 5200 2.5 GHz. Our opinion is that a server, born to be a server, appears to be much more suited for that role than a fat PC. Please, note that these server are very bulky and noisy and can't be kept in the same room where people work.

    Gianugo Altieri
    Micro Bio Devices, Italy