Re: [K12OSN] Would you purchase this server for $150?

15 TC's in the library for class research and word processing...the rest were in 3-packs in each classroom... also 22 windows xp boxes and 15 macs in 2 separate labs using same server for filesharing/authentication...

the NIC bonding and utilization of vlans is what made it possible the only bottle-necks I had were from then network saturation... someone a LONG time ago wrote up some 'usage' calculations of how much bandwidth a typical thin client soaked up..

--Huck

Joseph Bishay wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.  This is good to hear that you were able to
run 40 machines off the server.  May I ask what sort of activity was
being done on the thin clients to get an idea of the load?

Also, any other feedback about this server?  It is an online
classified ad so it's not going to last long so I need to decide
quickly!

Thanks,
Joseph