Re: [K12OSN] Upgrading from LTSP Fedora?

Joseph Bishay wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Manuel Acevedo
<macevedo newbedfordschools org> wrote:
Why upgrade if everything is working fine.

Fedora 10 was released in 2008.  I have to believe that there has been
significant improvements since that time!  Software updates, security
patches, boot-up times, hardware drivers, etc.  I totally understand
your point of view of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix' but I'm wondering
with all the changes since 10 -> 13 I'm not missing many things that
would make it a better experience for the students / teachers?

Joseph

The security updates issue is a big one for me. The Fedora Project only supports the last two releases for security updates. In this case, the last supported Fedora version would be 11.

--TP