[K12OSN] Register for FOSSed 2010 TODAY! It's going to be AWESOME!

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Fri Jun 18 23:01:33 UTC 2010

http://www.fossed.com

Hey everyone!  Summer is HERE!  For many that means the kids are gone and
it's time to recharge, refocus, and get things ready for another great
school year! Or perhaps it's time for your organization to "retool" and
begin thinking of new ways to deliver technology. For many of us it also
means having to find creative ways to do more with less.  Budgets are tight
and as a result technology folks are looking for new ways to maximize their
dollars.  FOSSed can help!

Free and Open Source Software in EDucation (hence FOSSed) can help anyone
get more bang for their buck while maintaining quality instruction and
programming in their school or organization.  We've got many great sessions
for you this year!  The program is almost final, but I keep getting awesome
ideas that keep making it harder to finish ;-)  We'll have sessions like
"Making the Switch - moving to Google Apps", "Build an Electric Fence for
your Network", "Open Source Authentication using Samba/LDAP - aka linux and
active directory", "Nagios", "Creating Collaborative Learning Environments",
"Virtualization", "Open1to1.org", "A Teachers Toolbox", "Quick and Easy Web
tools for Motivating and Enhancing Learning", "Digital Citizenship in the
Elementary Grades", "Introduction to Open Source Multi-media Production
(video and audio)", "Beginning Linux - learn to how easy it us to use and
install!", "Whistle while you Work!", and SO MUCH MORE (I'm out of room
here)  ;-)  These are half-day or full-day sessions where you really get a
chance to be "hands-on" try things out and learn from professionals just
like you who use this stuff every day!

Want to learn more?  You can join us at FOSSed!  Get the chance to talk to
others and see how they're using Open Source in their schools and
classrooms.  Along with the popular Google Apps sessions...there are many
other sessions for teachers and techies alike that will help you learn more
to enhance and transform your classroom, school, or district.  FOSSed is 3
days of fantastic hands-on learning, after-hours networking, and just plain
fun!

Join us!  July 7th - 9th at Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine.  Stay on campus
for just $495 which includes EVERYTHING...all meals, rooms, and the
conference.  Live nearby?  Join us as an off-campus attendee for $455...this
includes the conference and snacks/lunch.  Looking for professional
development or recertification credit?  FOSSed offers 3.0 CEU's through the
University of Southern Maine (USM) via an official transcript.  See?  There
are so many cool things about FOSSed....you should come!

FOSSed is coming very soon!  So register TODAY!  We want you there with us!
:-)   http://www.fossed.com

Are you an ACTEM member?  Use your professional development benefit.  Find
out more at ACTEM.org  Have some special circumstances or need some
flexibility?  Let us know!  We want YOU at FOSSed and will work with you to
make it happen.  Flexible payment options (PO, check, credit card...) and a
great conference!  (we can even bill you after July 1st for those using $$$
from the new fiscal year budget)  Remember, July 7th is in the NEW fiscal
year...so you can take advantage of that!

OH!  It was brought to my attention that I didn't mention the FOOD last
time!  Ask anyone who has been to FOSSed...the food is INCREDIBLE!  You'll
eat very well....snack well....and don't forget the wine and cheese
reception followed by a great banquet on the second night!  One more great
reason to join us!  Come, unwind...and join us for a great conference!

Visit http://www.fossed.com for more information and to register today!

Questions?  Contact us at copperdoggy at gmail.com

Hope to see you there!

David Trask