Re: [K12OSN] Install packages from full Fedora 10

Michael Izak wrote:
Now I am confused.  And getting frustrated.

I explained this before. I tried K12Linux (Fedora 10 with LTSP 5) and it is a bowderlized version of Fedora 10. It does not let you create network shares (samba) or anything much else because much of the necessary packages are missing. (or, are they? If so, point them out where they are? )

You mention K12LTSP 5.0EL. It is said to be part of Fedora 9 but I cannot find it anywhere.

K12LTSP5EL is a CentOS based version with LTSP4. It is aging, but pretty much self-contained, if you really have to have that.
http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/DownLoad

I am not a Linux geek and I want to create a simple terminal server setup with the full packages from Fedora 10 and not some cut up shortened version of Fedora 10 that is called K12Linux/K12LTSP whatever.

I don't understand why LTSP 5 software cannot be found to be downloaded? I don't understand why LTSP 5 can't be RPM'd into Fedora 10 or 12? And all of you keep pointing me back to some K12Linux which I keep saying it does not contain the full version of Fedora 10? There's a big difference between the older verision of K12Linux (Fedora 6 LTSP 4) and your current K12Linux (Fedora 10 LTSP 5). The older version is the full Fedora 6 with all the packages and the current version is not even half of the Fedora 10 package. Can anybody help me by explaining the genius thinking behind selling a K12Linux package whose elevator does not go all the way to the top or explain to me where to FIND a LTSP 5 package and download it and install it on a full packaged Fedora 10.

Is it really not possible to connect the machine to the internet (or through a proxy) after the install and simply 'yum install ...' whatever packages you want? Fedora is a pretty fast-changing distribution anyway and you'll probably want to keep it up to date with 'yum update' too.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com