[K12OSN] Vncserver doesn't serve

Dear Folks,
	I've run into a problem with VNC server on my new Centos5.4
installation - clients can't connect, even to localhost. I've done
everything the same as in older installs, I've compared the settings with
older servers, I've googled, all to no avail - I get:

[julius linlinux ~]$ vncviewer localhost
vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Connection refused
Unable to connect to VNC server

I did all the standard "enable" changes to xfs config and gdm config
files.

Any ideas?
julius