Re: [K12OSN] Vncserver doesn't serve

How is the VNC server being launched? Via xinetd? Are you certain the server process is running? Is port 5900 et al open in iptables? If you run nmap against the server does it find something listening on port 5900?

Peter

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
Dear Folks,
	I've run into a problem with VNC server on my new Centos5.4
installation - clients can't connect, even to localhost. I've done
everything the same as in older installs, I've compared the settings with
older servers, I've googled, all to no avail - I get:

[julius linlinux ~]$ vncviewer localhost
vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Connection refused
Unable to connect to VNC server

I did all the standard "enable" changes to xfs config and gdm config
files.

Any ideas?
julius