[K12OSN] Bonding 3 networkcards and 3 switches.

jan nilsen jannilsen.nilsen at googlemail.com
Wed May 19 06:42:48 UTC 2010

So, I have a server with a 1gbit NIC, and 3 16-ports switches (all
100mbit ports), that are linked togheter the old switch-in-switch
style, and I have about 45 clients (mix of thinclients, workstations
and laptops).

When most of the machines are in use, I notice that having only
100mbit out of the server is not enough.

So I can either buy myself a 48 port switch with 1gbit uplink with
money we don't have (we realy don't have any money),
or I thought I could try this "bonding" thing.

I can put 3 network cards in the server, and connect each of those
networkcards with it's own 16-port switch, that way I would have
300mbit out of the server.

What kind of bonding mode should I choose?

Or is there some other way?

jan