[K12OSN] K12LTSP status

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Wed Oct 6 17:50:38 UTC 2010

On 07/10/2010 12:13 PM, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
> This is why I recommend (and recommended) every K12Linux user to use
> K12LTSP 5EL.  Security updates remain available, which is the most
> important.  Red Hat, and therefore CentOS, just updated OpenOffice.org
> and Firefox (and some other applications) to recent versions, so that's
> staying current.

KDE 4, localapps and sound are a minimum for me, as is a recent kernel
so F12/LTSP 5 is pretty much my baseline.  I am quite happy with F12
K12Linux but of course F12 will be EOL in a couple of months.  I plan on
upgrading to F13 to buy me another 6 months, but after that I too would
like a long term supported system that meets my requirements.  That
sounds exactly like CentOS 6 + LTSP 5.

I have a small amount of packaging experience and like others would be
willing to help package.  The bigger issue is probably any other
development related integration issues.  Is anyone with that kind of
skillset willing/able to work on this?  Work could start now on RHEL6
beta, which is an open (free) release.

Jeff