[K12OSN] ltsp on MIPS and ARM architecture

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Sep 7 16:31:34 UTC 2010

Vagrant Cascadian has done excellent work on the ARM bit, and has
successfully cross compiled a chroot for ARM with the help of qemu's
ARM emulation.

For any more info on that, you should find him (vagrantc on #ltsp on
IRC) and have a chat with him. Of course, he's our resident debian
developer, so expect his help to be all on a debian platform.

Good luck!

-Gadi

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Mathieu Pelletier <mpelletier at tcz.co.zw> wrote:

> Hello Terrell,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion regarding Atom or other ULV processors, but I think this is the easy way out and circumvents what could be a very meaningful development in LTSP.  We can get about 3-4 arm or mips thin clients for the price of one atom based client.  Moreover, I am trying to do this as way to redress the apparent technology gap here in the developing world.  It should be pretty easy to build a thin client image for ARM (particularly as linux already runs on ARM).  I understand that MIPS has some support, but it is not as good as ARM.
>
> Anyway, I was actually hoping to find if anyone knew if there was work under way to get LTSP working on these architectures.  Does anyone else have any ideas?  I suppose I could start by compiling my own, but I would like to see this make it into the standard development chain.
>
> ~Regards,
>
> Mathieu Pelletier
> Biblical Studies Department
> Theological College of Zimbabwe
>
> Tel: +263 9 287032/3  Ext: 214
> mpelletier at tcz.co.zw
> www.tczonline.com
> Chat Google Talk: mkpelletier Skype: mathieu.pelletier

Gideon Romm
Symbio Technologies | www.symbio-technologies.com
(o) 914.576.1205 | (f) 914.576.0944