[K12OSN] Recommended Gigabit Network card?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 16:09:51 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Phydeaux <reb at taco.com> wrote:
> For $50 you can buy a whole motherboard with on-board gigabit Ethernet!
>
> If all that is needed is a PCI card, they are available for USD$10-USD$15 in
> all sorts of places.  In the US, Amazon has this for $12.50:
>
>   TRENDnet Gigabit PCI Adapter Card TEG-PCITXR

You are correct that there are now motherboards with these options --
however I am under an extremely tight budget and would never be able
to justify the purchase of new motherboards when we just received
"new" (from our point of view) motherboards unfortunately.

Thank you for the Trendnet NIC recommendation -- I'll look at that one.

Joseph