[K12OSN] Flash and TC slowness

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Sep 4 11:21:47 UTC 2010

Hello All,

The Flash problems have been hashed time and time again here,I know.
Did anyone else experience how slow TC's became with the very simple
flash animation that Google Had on their homepage of the ( I think) atom
thing that looked something like a hollow spinning globe on Saturday
Sept. 4th?
This was were one of the Oh's O in Google was replaced with this
embedded thing.
I tried two different TC's that were being fed by two different
servers,and this simple animation rendered the TC's almost useless. They
were so sluggish that menu displays in Firefox were delayed by almost 60
seconds. Once I navigated to another web page then the sluggishness
disappeared. It just seems very odd that something that this simple can
take down each TC's performance. I m not smart enough to decypher what
actually degrades the processing so much?
Just thinking out loud.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna