Re: [K12OSN] Flash and TC slowness

On Saturday 04 September 2010 10:00:04 k12osn-request redhat com wrote:

> The Flash problems have been hashed time and time again here,I know.
> Did anyone else experience how slow TC's became with the very simple
> flash animation that Google Had on their homepage of the ( I think) atom
> thing that looked something like a hollow spinning globe on Saturday
> Sept. 4th?

Greetings,

I've seen over the past few months that Google has gotten quite a bit slower
to load on every system.  The "bucky ball" on 9/4 rendered my ancient Toshiba
laptop unusable.  I don't think it was Flash, however.  My Toshiba doesn't
have a flash player installed.  This may have been rendered using Javascript.
Frankly, I gave up on trying to decipher the source code for the Google home
page.

The lack of consideration for lower speed devices by web designers is very
frustrating.  It is not simply thin clients that get hosed, it is every
sub-1ghz processor that is hammered.  Where, oh where, are the W3C compliant
web sites?
--

jeff williams - cfiaime cfiaime com