Re: [K12OSN] Recommended Gigabit Network card?

On 9/30/2010 11:16 AM, Joseph Bishay wrote:

The best option to maintain good performance is to take these new
computers we just received, and -- while spending as little as
possible -- maximize their performance.  The server already has the
maximum amount of RAM loaded into it, and has 2 gigabit network cards.
  All the switches are gigabit also.  So the best remaining option is
the NICs inside the clients.  Unless there is something else I've
missed?

I'd try it on one first before buying a lot of them. I think it would be rare for a client to use more than 100Mb - or for the server to be able to deliver it to more than a few clients at once. In older machines the video cards might make a more obvious performance difference. Or spreading the server storage over more drives.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com