[K12OSN] Linux ltsp cosco 7940 w2k8 dhcp

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:45:21 UTC 2011

On 4/19/2011 9:24 AM, John Oligario wrote:
> Hi all
> Thank you in advance fir reading and/or responding
>
> I am at a nonprofit school. Am needing to know if there is a way so systems and phones get ip address from same windows server setup on dhcp
> Currently I have to assign them.

Yes, that should be possible.

> Or how about dhcp on Linux?

Yes, but I don't think you can mix/match dhcp services on the same
subnet between windows/linux servers.  Are you running k12ltsp or
k12linux servers doing pxe booting?  It's not hard to make them handle
other systems and/or subnets as long as they are connected directly or
through routers that can relay the dhcp requests (the ip-helper setting
on Ciscos).

> Cisco 7940 are not on poe and no switches are Poe anywhere.

This is irrelevant to dhcp, but if you are running ip phones it is
usually easier to give them backup power through a central poe switch.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com