[K12OSN] EL6 32bit kernel-thinclient config

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Wed Aug 10 16:00:28 UTC 2011

The PXE code in the BIOS is only IPv4 aware. An IPv6 LTSP solution
will necessarily rely on something other than PXE for booting.

I am sure gPXE is most likely working on IPv6 support (if they don't
have it already), but if you are to rely on the PXE code that ships
with most machines by default, you will be limited to IPv4.

That said, having the possibility in the OS might still be welcome,
both for alternative boot methods and in case you want to boot from an
IPv4 segment but have the OS use IPv6 once booted.

-Gadi