[K12OSN] Flash sound gone? SOLVED

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Thu Aug 11 21:27:09 UTC 2011

On 8/11/2011 10:20 AM, Jeff Siddall wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 11:29 AM, Jeff Siddall wrote:
>> Interesting. I guess alsa is mucked up somehow.
>
> Alsa defaults do _not_ route alsa clients through PA even if PA has
> grabbed PCM device. Would be nice if it checked for that.

Are you sure you didn't change some defaults?  This has *just worked*
for years.

The alsa-plugins-pulseaudio package makes a fake ALSA device as
"default", which routes ALSA output through pulseaudio before directing
it out the real ALSA.  You must have alsa-plugins-pulseaudio installed
for all architectures, so if you are running both 32bit and 64bit
applications you need both .i686 and .x86_64 packages installed in parallel.

Warren