[K12OSN] HELP NEEDED NOW: Need Documentation Testing and Feedback

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Fri Aug 12 03:21:37 UTC 2011

On 8/11/2011 1:14 PM, Dean Jones wrote:
> PXE Boots just fine into Scientific Linux 6
> Can log in, gnome desktop, nice and fast.
> USB stick automounts, read/write ok
> can not unmount:
> error: Unable to unmount usbdisk-sb1
> is not in the fstab (and you are not root)
> root can umount of course
> user is in fuse group
> does package ltspfsd need to be installed?
> Does not seem to change the behavior if it is

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/EL6Status#LOWPRIORITYTODO
Nautilus in general is completely unaware of user unmountable fuse
mounts.  I tried several approaches to fix this but failed.  I may need
to just do an ugly hack patching nautilus itself to dumbly run
"fusermount -u /path/to/mountpoint" and it will just magically work.  I
didn't want to replace any upstream packages though, as this creates a
long-term maintenance burden. =(

> slow boot
> ata2.00 link is slow to respond, please be paitent. time out. tries 3x
> same message
> limit SATA link to 1.5g speed - then boots.

Likely it is trying to workaround a bad controller behavior and there is
nothing we can do about this.  Can you disable the SATA controller in
the BIOS?  Does that help?

> NFS statd service fails to start
> mounting local file systems registers as failed?
> all those errors hiddne by Scientific linux splash screen though

Only cosmetic, I want to fix this eventually.

Warren